Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy October!

Wow! Can you believer that we're already 5 days into October! Yikes, I haven't started crocheting a single Christmas present that I'd planned yet! I'd better get moving, lol!

I have a bit of a confession to make....I've been in a, sort of crocheting slump. I think that I made so many scarves in such a short time for the Ancient Greek Games in August (a Crochetville challenge), for me at least, that I just got burned out! It's been a struggle to make them all month. How embarrassing is that when I'm asking other people to help me making them for Compassionate Creations! Aghh! Well, I got 12 done, plus only 7 wristbands. As you can see from the pics below, they aren't anything fancy, but they are from the heart and that's what counts.








I still haven't been feeling well, so that could have something to do with not wanting to crochet too, I suppose. I've had a couple of tests done and one more to go. So far they've come up with a diagnosis of "gastroparesis" and a spasming gallbladder. The meds they want to give me should go great with my seizures, lol! Ah, it's a wonderful life! What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger, right! :)
Til next time....Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Doing a little blog walking I found my way here by way of...hum Ghost, then Sherrie, then? I really don't remember. Spotted the name of your blog and had to laugh and come check it out. Crocheting often feels that way to me as well.

Sorry to hear you're in a bit of a slump, and sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Perhaps your yarn level is low, that can be a dangerous place to be. lol

Hope you're feeling better today then yesterday, and better still tomorrow.

Welcome mats always out, please stop in for a visit.

Sandy
tell me about your quest for scarfs

annie said...

Hi Sandy! Thanks for stopping by! Wish my slump was just a low inventory of yarn, but that definitely isn't the case, lol! I think I am coming out of it slowly, as I did finish a new scarf yesterday. Hurray!